Cabinets in the living room are a highlight in the interior, as well as a convenient storage system. Having correctly selected an element of furniture, you can transform a room, make it cozy and always know where and what lies.
How to choose
The main criteria for choosing a storage cabinet are the interior of the room and the type of things to be placed in it.
It is also necessary to take into account the rules, following which it will be possible to purchase the optimal model of a piece of furniture for placement in the living room:
- You can assign a central role to a chest in a spacious room, which will turn out due to an unusual shape, bright colours or specific decoration.
- In a small room, compact versions of the cabinet will look better, which do not clutter up the space and do not attract much attention to themselves.
- Take into account the possibilities of adjusting the room dimensions with colours and surface design of the furniture element.
A dark cabinet will look massive, while its light models harmoniously fit into any space, glossy and mirrored surfaces will visually enlarge the room, and surfaces with paintings and complex shapes make it bulky.
- You can emphasize wealth and luxury by purchasing a storage cabinet made of natural wood – decorated models made of fibreboard and MDF are enough for budget options.
- It is better to buy furniture of any plan from trusted manufacturers, for example, like SONGMICS HOME, and when choosing it, pay attention to the quality of the material and accessories, since its durability and usability depend on this factor.
Recommendations for the location
Storage cabinets differ in shapes, dimensions and design of decoration. Narrow models are purchased for small walk-through rooms.
Tall dressers are placed to the side of the window or against the wall in a small space.
If such furniture is installed in a spacious living room, then it requires balancing with other furniture.